What is EUR-Lex and what can you find in it?
EUR-Lex provides free access to European Union law in the 24 official EU languages. It also allows you to follow legislative procedures. The database is updated daily and contains more than 3 million items with some texts dating back to 1951.
How can you find information in EUR-Lex?
- Out of the 4 main types of searches, find out which one best suits your needs
- Learn how to refine your result list or edit your search
- Get a direct access to the electronic Official Journal with legal value
- Search with Eurovoc, the multilingual and multidisciplinary thesaurus in 23 EU languages
EUR-Lex is a multilingual tool
Get some tips and tricks on how to use the multilingual display function and compare texts in up to three languages simultaneously.
What are the advantages of being a registered user and having a ‘My EUR-Lex’ account?
- Set your site and search preferences so that they are applied automatically whenever you are logged in, allowing, among other things, for quick access to multilingual content
- Save documents and searches
- Set RSS feeds and be informed when new documents related to your search are available
Learn about other online services and tools of the Publications Office of the EU.